Senior Database / SQL Developer
Yobota is scaling up and as such we are expanding our various teams. An opportunity has arisen to join the data tier team in designing and developing structured and flexible data models that drive the platform offering while offering application level flexibility. The main focus will be on Postgres however we are utilising other storage mechanisms for their benefits with a view towards the right tool for the job.
We care about good code quality and inventiveness - so your ideas will be welcome, and you will have the ability to shape the products we will build.
We want someone who will become part of our core technology team, and will take ownership of key parts of the product.
We want someone who has most, if not all of, but certainly interest in obtaining:
- strong database and sql development skills and experience with building financial services databases
- experience of using PostgreSQL or similar RDBMS flavors
- experience of developing and deploying low latency, scalable and high-performance databases,
- familiar with unit testing, AWS, Heroku and GIT,
- a pragmatic and inventive attitude to technology,
- strong drive to create readable, testable and maintainable code,
- the ability to constructively participate in and facilitate technical and functional discussions,
- the ability to clearly explain technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders,
- the flexibility to try techniques that you may not have used before in a safe and supportive environment,
and for bonus points:
- an understanding of common retail financial products (loans, mortgages, deposit products),
- work experience in the Banking or Finance sectors, and
Yobota is a young and growing company and there is a lot going on! We want to make sure everyone who is part of it can innovate by giving everyone support in trying new ideas in their day to day roles, freedom to shape a product which does something good for consumers and businesses and the opportunity for team leadership.
Most importantly, we want to help you do the best work of your career
Everyone gets a salary, medical insurance, life insurance, pension and cycle 2 work discounts. You will also be part of our Perkbox Employee Benefit Scheme. We discuss specifics with applicants directly.