Our platfrom is used by banks and lenders to run their businesses. We're currently live with our first client and planning our second release.
We're looking for Quantitative Developer to join our team in London, who will work closely with the current development team and founders to further build out our quantitative capabilities
You’ll be responsible for designing, developing and testing high-performance libraries; as well as intuitive, data-driven applications and APIs using Python, Django and anything else you feel strongly about.
We care about good code quality and inventiveness - so your ideas will be welcome, and you will have the ability to shape the products we will build.
We want someone who will become part of our core technology team, and will take ownership of key parts of the product.
We want someone who has most, if not all of:
- Understanding of financial mathematics (
- Computer Science or Software Engineering or Mathematics education or equivalent industry experience
- understanding of key computer science principals including algorithms, data structures and computational complexity theory
- Development experience in Python
- familiarity with or exposure to other programming languages
- understanding of relational databases and SQL
- understanding of software testing
- experience of working with a web development framework (ideally Django)
- experience using source control (ideally Git)
- experience using Linux/Unix and a command line interface
- desire to continue learning and developing skills
- strong drive to create readable, testable and maintainable code
- ability to constructively participate in and facilitate technical and functional discussions
- ability to clearly explain technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- an understanding of common retail financial products (loans, mortgages, deposit products)
and for bonus points:
- understanding of the web, including client/server architecture
- work experience in the Finance sector
- experience with cloud based infrastructure e.g. AWS
- experience of using graphing or visualization frameworks
- experience of artificial intelligence or machine learning techniques
- experience of scaling and performance issues
- open source contributions, or public profiles on github, bitbucket or similar
You must be eligible to work in the UK and willing to relocate to London.
Yobota is a young company and there is a lot going on! We want to make sure everyone who is part of it can contribute to its growth by giving everyone support in trying new ideas in their day to day roles, freedom to shape a product which does something good for consumers and businesses, the opportunity for team leadership in the future.
Most importantly, we want to help you do the best work of your career
Everyone gets a salary, medical insurance, life insurance, pension, and cycle 2 work discounts. You will also be part of our Perkbox Employee Benefit Scheme. We discuss specifics with applicants directly.