Test Automation Engineer
Yobota has reached the next milestone in its planned growth and we are expanding our various teams. An opportunity has arisen to join and support teams across the stack to build on and improve our testing strategy.
The role will involve improving our current testing capabilities, adding and to our manual and automated testing. The individual in this role will be involved with all tiers of the platform to ensure our test strategy is of the highest quality.
The ideal candidate would have the below experience, skills and background, however we will provide support and training where needed.
- Working knowledge of Python or willingness to learn Python
- Designing and writing test automation scripts
- Using test automation frameworks (ideally using Selenium)
- Testing API endpoints
- Executing manual tests
- Using database technologies for querying or changing data for testing purposes (ideally SQL in PostgreSQL)
- Experience with Behaviour Driven Development (BDD)
- Reproducing bugs reported by users and writing up bug reports
- Working with software developers to find solutions
- Mathematical aptitude and strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Teamwork skills, because most projects require input from individuals with different roles
- The ability to constructively participate in technical and functional discussions
- The ability to communicate effectively between technical and non-technical staff
- The ability to quickly understand new technologies and applications
- Agile software release processes and cycles
- Continuous Integration (ideally using Jenkins)
- An understanding of common retail financial products (loans, mortgages, deposit products)
- Work experience in the Banking or Finance sectors
Everyone gets a salary, medical insurance, life insurance, pension, and cycle 2 work discounts. You will also be part of our Perkbox Employee Benefit Scheme. We discuss specifics with applicants directly.