We are looking for an exceptional and dedicated Finance Manager to join our team. The primary purpose of this role is to work with the management team to create financial plans and support in definition in future strategy (client types, new regions, product offerings etc.). The Finance Manager will also perform the following responsibilities:
- Analysis on prior financial performance
- Forecasts based on internal and external factors
- Preparation and management of monthly and statutory financial reporting
- Overseeing the general accounting services
- Tax preparation services
- Payroll, and invoice management
- Ownership of statutory audit processes
- Industry and competitive research (cost / income benchmarks, competitor research etc.)
- Assist as needed in commercial negotiations
- Assist as needed on the development and implementation of policies
- Investor reporting and liaison on financial matters
- Systems and controls implementation
- Building a finance function
- Qualified accountant with minimum five years work experience in practice and / or industry
- The ability for long-term strategic thinking balanced with near-term execution skills
- Experience of working with technology or software companies, and "scale-up" environments
- Experience of commercial negotiations and multi-year service contracts
- Excellent research, financial and data analysis and MI reporting skills
- Good problem solving skills, an ability to identify problems and drive to follow them through to resolution
- Good organisational skills, methodical in approach with attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to face off to non-finance staff.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills essential
- Demonstrable interest in fintech and related industries
- Expectation of need to and willingness to 'get hands dirty'
- High levels of computer literacy and competence. Advanced MS Excel & Powerpoint skills, as well as other now-common toolsets such as G-suite
And for bonus points:
- Adept at more technical analysis tools (SQL, Python)
- Understanding of UK retail financial services
Yobota is a young company and there is a lot going on! We want to make sure everyone who is part of it can contribute to its growth by giving everyone support in trying new ideas in their day to day roles, freedom to shape a product which does something good for consumers and businesses, the opportunity for team leadership in the future.
Most importantly, we want to help you do the best work of your career
Everyone gets a salary, medical insurance, life insurance, pension, and cycle 2 work discounts. You will also be part of our Perkbox Employee Benefit Scheme. We discuss specifics with applicants directly.