Experienced React Developer
At Yobota, we believe that financial products and services should be flexible, intelligent and about the customer. Our product is a fast and flexible cloud-based operating platform that enables financial services providers to create innovative financial products than the existing banking platform vendors out there and as a result, improve the financial lives of millions of people.
In 2018, we enabled our first client, Chetwood Financial, to launch their Live Lend and Smart Save brands, as well as the one-of-kind Reward Loan. Their entire business is run on our platform.
We have now reached the next milestone in our planned growth and there’s a lot going on! We are on the hunt for innovative thinkers and problem solvers to expand our various teams and be an integral part of our team and help us scale during this exciting time.
If you’re someone who’s been around the block, delivered countless front-end projects and want to work on something long term that you can be proud of, then we’d love to hear from you.
(*Please only apply if you have all of the below skillsets and experience)
- Minimum 2 years commercial experience with React/Redux (most of our projects are based on this)
- Proven experience in architecting complex React/Redux applications
- Proven experience in delivering front-end web applications independently (being able to take ownership of your part of Yobota projects is important)
- Willingness to collaborate with other departments to advance and grow your personal skillset for career development.
Technical knowledge (required):
- Proven knowledge of ReactJS and Redux (experience with redux-forms is a bonus).
- Custom web application development.
- HTML/CSS. We use SASS/SCSS as a pre-processor.
- Following BEM methodology for writing CSS.
- Experience with responsive design for delivering web applications on desktop to mobile.
- Confident programming in ECMAScript 6.
- Some knowledge of data visualisation libraries (D3 or any other React based visualisation libraries)
- Experience with at least one automation tool such as Gulp, Grunt and/or Webpack.
- Experience following a test-driven(TDD) approach when writing software for cross-browser issues.
- Selenium/other functional testing frameworks
- Experience with python, our backend is based on it.
- Dealing with cross compatibility issues. Have some good IE war stories.
- Experience with a data visualisation library.
- Previous experience working in the Fintech industry would be an advantage
We love solving complex problems, which is why we have harboured a learned organisation environment. We want to help you do the best work of your career. No idea is too small, we encourage everyone to pitch and knowledge share, whether it’s through our brown bag sessions or team builds abroad! We have some of the greatest and diverse minds (from over 20 countries) collaborating alongside us.
We’re based right at the heart of the Silicon Roundabout (2 minute from Old Street tube station).
Our benefits include: Flexi-work, discounted gym and bike schemes, private health & life insurance, free breakfast (fresh fruit and cereals) and snacks, tea & coffee and you get to have your birthday off, on us.
If the way of Yobota works for you, then we want to work with you